Monday 29 July 2013

Flying high

This week is flying along, and I've done well on the thimble front too.

It was the airshow here and we decided to take the boys down. The weather was gorgeous.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 
On the way down we pass a street with a few charity shops along and hubby normally checks them out. The last one we came too he went in and I stopped outside pulling the pram up outside the window. Then I came face to face with three beautiful full thimble racks. I'm tapping on the window jumping up and down. Hubby looks up and nonchalantly nods. I carry on jumping up and down until he picked them up.....what if someone else had picked them up before him. He thought it was hugely funny especially as its usually the other way round for his collecting and wanting them grabbed and bought as soon as.
 There was all these royal ones on. And a few nice Sutherland ones and also a decent set of Japanese ones. I will work over the next few days to up date these individually into the photo galleries.

I also couldn't resist when I saw the Red Arrows display team thimble. It was a bit pricey at £5 but decided I really wanted it and together with the amount I paid for that alongside the collection I snagged in the charity shop it worked out at 33p a thimble which is great price overall.


 
 
Plenty more updates to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment